Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pregnancy is such a fragile time. One minute everything is fine. You are on top of the world. And then out of the blue your world shifts with scary, uncertain news. I know this feeling all too well. But today I am thinking of one of my very best friends who was just told she has a retroplacental bleed. She is in the beginning of her second trimester and was just put on high risk this morning. I have been praying for her, and her little one non stop. I am SO upset because for one, I know how she feels on some level. Our circumstances are different, but I understand the fear of the unknown, the uncertainty, the helplessness, and the powerlessness she must be feeling. It is such a terrible place to be in your head. They tell you to not stress, don't worry, relax and take care of yourself. We can take care of ourselves to the best of our ability, but how the hell are we to not stress and worry? Impossible. We are women, and we are moms. That is what we do. I feel for her. I feel for her deeply. I am trying my hardest not to let this upset me too much. I don't want to cause any distress to my baby and our situation. But I am having a really hard time with this. And this is just so weird because our lives have run pretty parallel since before we even met. I mean, there are so many strange similarities going on. Bazaar. Being pregnant at the same time really put the cherry on top! It actually brought us back together. We had drifted apart for a short while, and it sucked. I love my friend and I love her little baby. I love being pregnant with her. I do not love that she too is now faced with such an ordeal. I will just keep praying for and her little one. Try to go about my day. It is all I can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment