Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I JUST FELT MY BABY MOVE!!!!! I have been WAITING for this moment! This is what happened - 
I woke this morning feeling like shit on a stick. The room was spinning. I haven't woken up and felt like that in a few weeks. I drank a little OJ and ate a banana and laid back down. BAD MOVE. Heartburn city and it was all I could do to keep the banana down. As I was lying there feeling like I was right back in my 1st trimester, I tried to remind myself that feeling sick is the sign of a healthy pregnancy. Then I got to thinking....hey, why haven't i felt Eli move yet? I know it happens between 16 and 22 weeks. Clearly this is cause for concern, no? NO SARA IT IS NOT. Before I completely jumped off the cliff into a total freak out I remembered something I had read a couple days ago. If you lay quiet and still you might be able to feel your baby move. So that is what I did. It didn't take too long before I felt the beginnings of a fart...then more farts...but I never actually farted. Could my baby moving feel like a fart? If you have ever been pregnant, or are pregnant (or are a Tobin) you know that gas is something you experience regularly. It is my stinky sidekick. It is what it is. So clearly this is just gas and any minute I am going to cut the cheese. BUT I DIDN'T!! Then those farts I felt actually felt more like little punches and kicks! He is dancing!!! AMAZING! I think what I thought were farts last night were little baby dance moves TOO! I started to cry happy tears! Surely my little baby Eli is doing just fine in there if he is busting out the dance moves! I texted my husband and DC bff Buhnessa to share the news (again, I have changed her name to protect anonymity) I took a shower..still smiling! And what do you know, I feel a little better! Not as pukey, not as miserable. Hopefully I can have a good day at work now. THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!! I love my little baby break dancing in my belly :) he is cuttin a rug...schoolin out on that little baby dance floor. Just like his mommy used to do :) 

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys. That is the best feeling in the world. As he gets bigger you will see hand and foot prints pushing your belly out. It is such a miracle when you feel that. Congratulations....Little Eli busting a move. I can just see that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smiled the whole time reading this. When u get a lil further along; lay in a tub of water and watch him swim from side to side. So amazing!!! So happy for u guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just busted out laughing, not dancing, and my coworkers must think i'm insane. little dancing baby farts. LOVE IT! i'll try this myself tonight. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely felt like all the crappy stuff was worth it when I could feel my babies moving. It starts out as little flutters and in a week or two there will be no mistaking it! You will get some full on kicks, punches, & jabs!

    ReplyDelete