Thursday, March 29, 2012

Do me a favor....everyone PLEASE stop telling me how "they told me my child was gonna have this and he is fine!" or "ultrasounds are so sensitive they pick up everything and half the time its nothing!". Stop with alllllllll of that. JUST PLEASE STOP. I appreciate it. I really do. And it was comforting for a while. But its done making me feel better. I don't know why these stories are making me so angry. But they do. I already know all these things...I know doctors are wrong, and they make mistakes, and babies show markers for this and that and are born healthy ALL the time. I know this.....because it keeps getting drilled into my head. For me I have to be realistic. I BELIEVE that its all going to work out and Eli will be just fine. But do I believe that this is just a shadow, or that this is really nothing? No, I don't believe that. Maybe I am wrong. But right now I believe my doctors. I trust that they see what they see....especially since the feedback I have gotten on all my doctors thus far is AMAZING. If I just go about my life thinking that everything is totally fine, and walk around in this protective bubble, shrouded in a false sense of security and let all these wonderful stories about how everyone's babies were doomed from an ultrasound and then miraculously born perfect,....well what happens if there IS something to worry about? I am sorry I don't live my life like that. I worry. Its just who I am. I'm pretty sure most women do. And I have to be prepared on some level for SOMETHING. I know everyone is just trying to help. And I feel like an asshole for feeling the way that I feel. I feel even more terrible that my angel of a mother is the person that I just took my bottled up frustration out on. She was only trying to help and make me feel better. And instead of just indulging her like I should have I totally snapped. I'm pretty sure she cried when we got off the phone. I know I did. The last person I want to upset is my mom. Dammit. 

1 comment:

  1. The best thing about moms is that they love you anyway.......I'm sure we've all been there with our moms and we all don't mean to upset them because we love them with all our heart!!!!!!! But sometimes you just need to feel scared or frustrated or mad because that's how you feel, dang it! But moms always want to make it better....it's a whole thing.

    You've got every right to worry. And you've got the most supportive mom (family) supporting you and wanting the very best for you! Keep praying and hoping and wishing and asking for support because everyone loves you and is keeping you and the little guacamole in our prayers! No matter what, you have lots of love and support and good vibes comin your way 24/7.

    Lots of loves and hugs to you and terry and the mini guacamole <3

    ReplyDelete